How would you characterize your style of photography?
My personal style of photography can be described as genuine, emotive, spontaneous, whimsical and romantic.
What should I wear?
Think about wearing outfits in complimentary colors. Solids or simple patterns, comfortable clothes you can sit, stand, and jump around in, and accessories like funky necklaces, hats, and scarves are always great!
*Things to AVOID: bright white shirts (ivory or cream photograph much better) and exact matching outfits (variety is nice!)
How long after a portrait shoot until we receive our photos?
You can expect to have your portrait session photos back within 2 weeks from the shoot date
What does custom portrait session include?
- A pre-session phone or in-person consultation to discuss your portrait needs
- A photo shoot at the studio, your home, or another location with Photographer’s Name
- Up to five people ($35 for each additional subject/pet)
- At least 30 images presented
- A personal order session at the studio within 2 weeks of your session
- Additional prints and products available a la carte
What is the typical session look like?
- I’ll arrive a few minutes early to set up.
- I will touch base with you to review our plan for the session.
- I will take a little time to get to know your child and let them get used to me before we begin shooting.
- Please give me a little space with your child so they do not feel as though they have to “perform”.
- I will make sure no one is forced to do anything they do not want to do, i.e., say “cheese” or pose in a fake way.
- I will also ask everyone to put their best foot forward and be happy, since adults set the tone for the children.
- The session generally lasts between 60 and 90 minutes with time for a break and/or small snack, if necessary.
What is my child does not behave?
I love children and their dynamic personalities. This is the time they are discovering who they are and pushing the boundaries. I am keenly aware when a child has had enough and typically will take a break for fun or just to relax. Remember this is fun and the goal of our session is to capture your child as they are, so if you get a crying photo enjoy it and know in years to come you and your child will laugh about this day and have a great story to tell about how much they have grown up. I have three very active children of my own and work with kids all the time, so rest assured there is not much I haven't seen.
What happens after our session?
Your portraits will be culled to the absolute best of the best, usually 30-35 images. All images will be color corrected, cropped, and prepared for presentation. Within 2 weeks, we will conduct our order session at the studio, where you will make portrait selections. Your order will be processed and completed within 3 weeks (slightly longer for albums and specialty products). We will archive all of your ordered images for reorders for one year. We will call you to pick-up as soon as your art arrives.
Do you have any rules that we should know about
In order to provide an attentive experience to all our clients, I ask the following of each client and their families.
- No camera/cell phones are allowed at sessions, or at photo or order sessions.
- In case of rain or severe weather, the studio reserves the right to postpone the session, but no more than 2 weeks.
- Sessions may be rescheduled by the client once; otherwise the retainer will be forfeited.
- Due to the custom nature of portraits, all orders are paid in full at the order session.
- Our studio accepts cash, checks, and credit card payments.
- There is a $150 minimum order for all sessions. There is a $50 minimum for re-orders. Current pricing will apply.
- Prices are subject to change without notice, but current pricing at time of booking is honored for one month after sessions occur.
- To make room for new clients, unordered images will be purged from our systems 30 days after your session. Ordered images will be archived in our system for 1 year for holiday cards and reorders.
- Printing, copying, downloading or scanning images without written consent is strictly prohibited.
What are copy right rules?
In 1976, the Federal Government passed the copyright law to prevent the copying of protected materials, including books, sheet music, and professionally created photographs.
The portraits you have commissioned us to create are from one of the most celebrated custom boutique studios in the industry. Firebug Photography invests heavily in education and training in order to provide the highest level of quality of photography. As such, duplicating, scanning or copying images creates a severe loss of color, clarity and permanence in the portraiture.
Since such losses reflect poorly on the reputation of our professional work, Firebug Photography has reserved the copyright on each portrait we create.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping us continue to provide the highest levels of quality and integrity for which we are known.
The COPYRIGHT ACT protects photographers by giving the author of the photograph the exclusive right to reproduce your photographs, including the right to control the production of copies.
It is illegal to copy or reproduce these photographs elsewhere without our written permission. Copyright infringement is a felony and is punishable by civil and criminal penalties. The law also specifies damages at $150,000 per infringement.
If I purchase the digital negatives to my session will I be able to reproduce them?
Absolutely, all digital negatives come with a print release form for personal use. Typically Firebug clients are satisfied with reproduction for personal use. However, if you need your images to be used for professional reasons please contact the studio and we will work with you on a commercial print release. It is not complicated but it does require a specific form.